Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Greed.

What makes a human being greedy?

The desire or accumulation of surplus, more than what he or she means.

In today's society, greed is huge. Greed plays a rather large part in social media as well. Every person wants to be the first to break that story, break many stories. Everyone wants 100 likes on their instagram photo of a cat. Every person wants tweet that gets retweeted by a celebrity. You know what, I'm no different.

I want it all.

Greed will sacrifice those around you, because you chase your desires. You ruin your character, your values and your morals just for that surplus. In the early 90's it seemed that greed was more money orientated. I'm gonna suggest that validation is more important in today's society.

I write this blog for me,
but if I have no one who reads it,
is there any reward?
Is there a reason to keep writing.

No, You see, I'm no different from that person who craves attention, who craves money. Today, we crave what we do not have. We are all sophists. We all look out for ourselves.

Even those who donate to charity, they do not come into work the next day and not tell you. Or show you the shirt they got for running for the "cure". Greed needs a very important part with it. Recognition and pride.

But, how much pride can really come with the greed of an individual? Sure, you donated, sure you are wearing the shirt and telling everyone. But, did you do it for the right reasons if you need to be recognized?

Modesty and humbleness do not exist in many of persons vocabulary.

I'm on social media to one day make a career out of writing or comedy.

I will probably never achieve it. But my greed for the likes, the favorites, and the Retweets keeps me going.

At times, if I am not Retweeted or mentions in awhile I get a little down. That is something installed with the twitter app.

To generalize as I have done so far. Everyone is greedy in their own way. Everyone wants what they cannot have.

Greed rules the lives of the many, the desire for something that is not really that important in the grand scheme of things.
.....
.....
.....
.....
.....
Feel the need, the need for greed.

No comments:

Post a Comment