Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Thanks Frank, the inspiration and motivation from a twitter friend

    Frank Penn



Frank Penn ‏@SavingBobbyRyan

She's gonna be happy to see me. This time, for a whole week. Gotta watch soaps with my mom. Judge me! I dare you!





14 Jan Frank Penn ‏@SavingBobbyRyan

She asked me when I'm going. I told her not anytime soon. But in reality, I'm looking at March. Imma surprise her with flower at her work.


14 Jan Frank Penn ‏@SavingBobbyRyan

My mom just called me on her lunch break. Told me she misses me. And to make sure I drink milk. Since I don't drink milk that much. I ❤ her!
Frank Penn ‏@SavingBobbyRyan

Woke up in an extremely good mood. At the gym, trying to get some running done before work.

13 Jan Frank Penn ‏@SavingBobbyRyan

I love you all. My friends, you're my family in my books. Here's saying, goodnight and to better days.

13 Jan Frank Penn ‏@SavingBobbyRyan

Cuz I know how it feels. I'll be there with open arms. No matter who you are. I was raised to accept whomever.

13 Jan Frank Penn ‏@SavingBobbyRyan

I laugh at those who say their life is awesome. One day, you'll feel the same way I do. When it happens, trust me, I'll be there with you

Frank Penn ‏@SavingBobbyRyan

I still have my struggles. Who doesn't? Right? No one is perfect. Whoever says they have it made, fuck you! Bullshitting fuck worth of lies!

13 Jan Frank Penn ‏@SavingBobbyRyan

My family actually looks up to me. I have her to thank.


13 Jan Frank Penn ‏@SavingBobbyRyan

I was that family member that no one trusted and spoke bad about. Look at me now! On my own. Texas. Far away from home and doing well. 13 Jan Frank Penn ‏@SavingBobbyRyan


All thanks to her. I changed.

13 Jan Frank Penn ‏@SavingBobbyRyan


I can't believe I'm even alive right now. I can't believe I'm here chatting with y'all. I can't believe I've never been in prison.

13 Jan Frank Penn ‏@SavingBobbyRyan


Life ain't easy. I came to learn that the hard way. I thought I had it made. Drugs was my way out. Depression since I was 15yrs old.

13 Jan Frank Penn ‏@SavingBobbyRyan


2 years has passed. 2 years sober. All for you Tia. Doing for you. And for me.

13 Jan Frank Penn ‏@SavingBobbyRyan


SORRY!!! I'm not perfect! Fuck my life!!!!

13 Jan Frank Penn ‏@SavingBobbyRyan


"I want to see that boy who I came to love. The boy who loved to draw and skate. Not the boy who steals and does drugs.."

13 Jan Frank Penn ‏@SavingBobbyRyan


"Son, I know deep inside, there's that sweet man I know. All this negative influences that you have are just a phase in your life..."

13 Jan Frank Penn ‏@SavingBobbyRyan


I remember the last conversation my aunt had with me and I will never forget it. Never. I'm taking that to my grave when I die. Love her

Frank Penn ‏@SavingBobbyRyan


I need time off with my family. For my family. I need them more than they need me. I'm going back home.

13 Jan Frank Penn ‏@SavingBobbyRyan


I'm sorry that I failed you. My mother. My family. I'm sorry. I am trying. I can't do this on my own.

13 Jan Frank Penn ‏@SavingBobbyRyan


I know my Tia is watching over me. Over all my family. I'm trying my best to be that person you've wished I could've been.

13 Jan Frank Penn ‏@SavingBobbyRyan


I've said this many times, I wish I could've taken your cancer away. I'm better off than you were Tia. I'm better off than you.

13 Jan Frank Penn ‏@SavingBobbyRyan


I'm on my own. I got nobody where I'm at who I can trust with such pain and agony.

13 Jan Frank Penn ‏@SavingBobbyRyan


Because once I break down... I break down. And I just can't do it with just anyone. It has to be with someone I trust. A friend. Family.

13 Jan Frank Penn ‏@SavingBobbyRyan


All this time, I've been holding back. I haven't cried in almost 3 years. For the same reason. I don't want anyone see me in such struggle.

13 Jan Frank Penn ‏@SavingBobbyRyan


I know how it feels to lose someone close to you. All the pain inside you trying get out and reveal itself to the world. You won't let it.

13 Jan Frank Penn ‏@SavingBobbyRyan


Much love to those that survived such illness as breast cancer. To those that aren't with us, love and respect to you and your family.

13 Jan Frank Penn ‏@SavingBobbyRyan
They're the real warriors on this earth. Fighting such sickness. Some come victorious. Many fall to their last breath.


13 Jan Frank Penn ‏@SavingBobbyRyan
2 yrs going on 3 yrs and I'm still trying to move forward. But realizing thousands of others with the same decease still fighting it...

13 Jan Frank Penn ‏@SavingBobbyRyan
The healing of a family member's passing ain't all that easy. My aunt's defeat to breast cancer was my ultimate demise. Emotionally.

________________________________________________________________________________
__________________________________________________________________________________

Here is a man I have never met before, he lives in Texas. I know a little bit about him, but not as much as what his twitter profile displays. He is a hockey fan, he likes the Ducks, these tweets I sampled from the 13th of January were the first glimpse into his life. His inspiration and his accomplishments.

I am an observational learner, I learn better through imagery, I learn through listening to the life stories of others. One of the biggest reasons why I write this blog is to inspire and motivate myself and hopefully others.

Reading what he had wrote opened my eyes, that people can change. They can change huge. Although, I have never met him; we have a connection through the disease of depression. I don't know where he has been, what depths. He doesn't know what depths I have been. But, we both know we have suffered it. That makes us comparable to one another, helps me understand the person he is.

Life lessons are important to learn, he learned a lot through the past 3 years. He has been motivated to lose weight, live a clean life and be happy. I'm proud of that.

He laid it out there, on social media. Wore his heart on his sleeve. That is something to be marveled at.

I too, have and have been dealing with relatives with ailments like cancer who have numbered days. I am working to better myself to help those around me. I am working to get heard, to be heard, and to help people deal with everyday life. I want to help in a person to person level instead of a psychologist to patient or a "i am higher than you, listen to what I have to say"

I am currently motivated to make life better for the people around me, that includes working, getting an education, and being less of an asshole.

This has now been reinforced.

Frank, you have inspired me. You have affected the way I look at my own motivations and my own inspirations. You are a champion, keep going. Tia is proud, and I hope the rest of some of your followers are proud of you. Most importantly, your family is proud of the person you have become.

Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to read it, thanks to those whom inspire me

Thanks Frank, it means a lot that you would let me do this blogpost.

Regards,

Devon









No comments:

Post a Comment