Friday, June 22, 2012

Must read. This is why I do this

Now that the shameless plugging is done, it is time to get down to the brass tax

1:30 AM, I tried to sleep, but until I put my feelings down I will have trouble sleeping. It is things/people like this that just eat me alive.

I'm an asshole, sentimental, honest, and funny. 4 things that'll follow me the rest of my life. I live each day, cherishing the little things. Managing my own mental state and trying to understand others. I talk to people, because after being beat down so much through primary school I can finally talk to people without them imitating my voice or telling me how I look. I also look at professions not as "oh shit, you're dumb and never did anything with your life." In actuality, life kicks you in the ass, you make adjustments and earn a living however you can. People don't understand how vicious life can be. I'm a realist and a pessimist, I know I can fulfill my dream of entering nursing; however, I know I have a lot of health issues and coursework to overcome. That is fucking school. I don't care what I did in high school, or my grades there. You know why, because high school was a joke and is even more of a joke now. I graduated in an unorthodox manner and met some of the worst human beings on Earth at school.

But today was worse. It wasn't immature, petty, stupid asinine remarks to my looks or my language. It was a person looking at me and making a judgment that I am wasting my time trying to achieve my goals.

Now, when you ask me 30 seconds into looking at my face what my marks were. I suspect you take it in stride and not flat out call me uneducated and not likely to succeed. Sure, make the logical argument that she was just being a realist. But in a position as an adviser they aren't in the position to criticize someone based on zero information of that person. Their job is to try to positively reinforce the student while directing them towards their dream not mash them immediately. No shit life may not go the way I want it to.

Rhetoric is fun, I learned a lot from my brother. I also learned a lot from sociology/psychology. In fact, my psych teacher made a logical argument that using rhetoric and setting certain restrictions you can get a man to give into whatever demand. Without using illegal means or having an illegal goal. What would you do for a Klondike Bar motherfucker.?

People are in power, and use that power as leverage. I have been told I am not capable of doing many things in my life. Although I may never play in the NBA, I can have my own personal sentimental goal and complete those things.Swish.

What possesses a middle class lady to try to tell you your background and how you are going to survive in the world is nothing I can conclude. It makes me wonder how many students have tried to take a different career path because someone told them they aren't good enough.

You are good enough, you are important, and you sure as fuck can complete what person you want to become.

I carry myself much older than I am. Class, elegance, with the right amount of dick and fart jokes. Irony huzzah. For some person to tell me I don't have the mental capacity just makes me more frustrated with our education system. For fuck sakes a majority of our workforce works in the oil field because some asshole waves their dick sized logos in their face and says hey, fuck being educated come work in the oil field and have no chance at raising a family, or remaining in touch with yours.

Give me a break.

To be continued...

Regards,
Devon


On the next blog, we will find out did Devon have the guts to make it to the NBA. What is his nickname, or his number. Will Devon morph into a fucking eagle with a Sly Stone face who knows.

Or maybe Devon will meet a bear, befriend him and form a 2 man band with him. We would be called Bear Supply.

Devon will take over the tonight show, tell one bad pun and be immediately be relieved of my duties. That pun will be "I put up some books on a shelf, they fell and hit me on the head. I guess I only have Myshelf to blame."

No comments:

Post a Comment