Sunday, September 9, 2012

20 years done, here's to 21. Thanks

Another sunset, another night of playing video games. Indecision of the plans tomorrow. Living 20 years. Heading into the 21st.

Sunday marks my 21st Birthday. I hope everyone has a wonderful today. I think of those who were lost before 21. Children today who will never see their 21st. I hope all is well for those around me on 'my' day, And that is enough.

This year I vow to help raise money for the Stollery, not sure how yet. Without them my life would be drastically different and probably worse. Thank you stollery, taxpayers, and the doctors to allow me to live a relatively healthy life.

Most importantly thank you to my family.

My godfather Morris who has tried his whole life to make sure I know he was there for me. A man who battled more than anyone probably should. Thank you uncle morris.

Thank you to my Auntie Freeda. Who I saw recently and hope one day will become close to my godmother.

Thank you Shannon, I don't see you much, but we can pick up a conversation and make disgusting jokes together like we have been best friends for our entire lives. A special connection that is shared with so few people.

Thank you Jaden, for playing shitty action figure toys when we were up at 6 am when we were 9. And knowing we are close now.

Thank you to my grandmother who humbles me, a person who has lived a very static life. I wouldn't be who I am without her. She inspires me to help those who need it most. Regardless of my situation.

My Grandpa Max - A simple man, a man with knowledge beyond anyones years. A man I wish I got to learn his stories from his past.

Auntie Diane who I haven't seen recently is always an inspiration. 20 years kicking cancers ass.

Thank you Amanda for giving me someone to snuggle every night. Share stories with and being all that I want.

Thank you Uncle Lonnie for teaching me the art of Pessimism and cynicism. Just kidding. My uncle has been willing to help me whichever way we can. Without question.

 Thank you Dallas, without you school wouldn't be a reality.

Thank you Darcy, for being there through my entire life.

Thank you Dave for being my father, stepped in when other people couldn't care less.

Thank you Matt for being a 3rd brother.

Thank you to all of my friends.

 Thank you Mom, who has given me all I could ask for. A rock for all I go through. Staying in the Recovery room with me for as long as I was there. Whatever gift I wanted, I got. Whatever moral support regardless of the situation. For being the mother that every kid hopes for. That is all I could ask.

Without those people in my life, it would make life sufferable.

On my 21st birthday, I don't wish for any present. Just for those to know their presence makes life worth it.

And to anyone I have wronged and you are still holding a grudge. Or anyone holding a grudge on anyone in their family. Don't bother. It isn't worth it. At the end of the day all you have is Family.

Thank you all and much love to everyone.

Regards, Devon

No comments:

Post a Comment