Thursday, July 12, 2012

Ravid Dobb.

He's a bald man, goatee, for the longest time was referred to as Stone Cold Steve Austin from my friends.

States the obvious, always has something to say. Sometimes stubborn, loving and loves nickelback apparently.

This is my stepfather. I use Ravid Dobb as his alias. He's funny for all the different reasons other than telling jokes. All the weird phrases and mannerisms. Including seeing him running

He has stepped in without hesitation and with the mind frame that I and my brothers were his kids. I don't think I give him enough credit.

Last month he bought steaks for Fathers day to barbq. Ended up being the toughest steaks alive. I gave him credit for cooking the steaks and taking control of supper.

 He goes to the store whenever asked. He will help you with the best intentions regardless if it fails horribly.

For all intensive purposes he is my father.
I identify him as such when I talk to people about him.

Now for some stories.

Dallas used to play baseball in his youth. Me, Ravid, My mom were at his game. Thunderstorm came in heavy and stopped the game. This is when we had to run across the field to get to the car. This is the fastest I've seen Ravid run. He was like a gazelle on 3 cups of coffee. I was 6 with short stature I could not run as fast. But since I was first one up and running I was ahead of him. I distinctly remember thinking that he would run behind me and help me up if i tripped or help speed me along. He had other ideas. I did end up biffing it. Instead of helping me up off the ground he took 3 little steps and hurdled me as if I was a large puddle beside a curb. When I say hurdled he cleared me by at least 4 inches. Almost like he was running the 110m hurdles.

He stepped on a toothpick and hopped around for a solid 15 seconds and fell down like he just got shot.

He was swimming with me, my brother and cousin and wanted to show off his awesome cannonball skills. Ended up slipping on his way off the diving board and did the best belly flop I have ever seen.

So many more I cannot remember right now..

A twitter account has been made of all the little things he says.

Find it at @dobbisms . Sample: "Drier than a popcorn fart in a snowstorm"

Regards, Devon


No comments:

Post a Comment